Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Great Outdoors

Last weekend we went camping. It was Breeze's first time and she did great. Naps where a little bit of a struggle but she slept like a champ all night long in between Adam and I. It was not the hardest camping in the world with a camper trailer in a camp ground. But hey, you gotta start some where! It did make me start to think about back packing in to go camping when she gets older. Adam and I always use the freeze dried meals, they are so simple, good and easy. But packed with protein. So hmmmm what will Breeze do? This I will have to investigate further and possibly have a new business venture on my hands. Maybe I will talk to the cook for love ladies. It cant be that difficult to make a recipe and freeze dry it right? Anyone have any experience freeze drying food? To feed Breeze and keep track while camping was a little tricky and I must say I was not the best at it. Plum organic has these great pouches though that Breeze loves, but unless I weigh out portions, or she eats the whole thing I'm not sure how much phe she is getting. So I just gave her the mango and pear pouches that I know are low in phe. I think next time I will have planned meals and already have everything calculated and divided up.  Live and learn right?


We also went on a great hike to Mohawk lake just outside of Breckenridge,GORGEOUS! It was so nice to get up into the mountains.








Hiking with Dad above tree line
Mohawk Lake
Bubble time!
Its a family affair
There was also a very pretty waterfall!
Our Home away from home

No comments:

Post a Comment