Saturday, January 18, 2014

Party Time

Today we went to a birthday party for one of Breeze's best friends. Parties can be difficult for pkuers so I was hoping to bring along some lo protein food that was similar to what was being served. I asked the Momma and my challenge was crescent roll wrapped baked hotdogs and Mickey Mouse cupcakes. Food available that she could have was fruit, veggie straws and veggies! 

I decided to try a vegan recipe for the hot dog. It was a marinated carrot wrapped and baked in some lo protein bread dough. My bread dough recipe is from Cook for Love and it is delicious! I always have some bread dough in the fridge for easy access. For the cup cakes I used a bought mix (maddies) from the low protein food store at the hospital( a large storage closet with food on some shelves) for the ears, k- too gluten free Oreo type cookie from whole foods and a store bought frosting that is phe free.

She ate some of the 'hotdog' as well as the other things available. The cupcake looked super cute and I think she ate part of an ear and some frosting. ( Hers is the vanilla one) Regardless of what she ate I feel this party was a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment